• What role do media play in contemporary life? How much of media content is violent in nature?
• What are the “risk” factors that contribute to the influence of media violence on our behaviour? For example: different media (TV and movie violence versus video game violence); timing of exposure, and; level of exposure.
READINGS FOR ASSIGNM ENT 1 A You MUST use ALL of the following readings for Assessment 1A:
• Anderson, CA 2004, Violence in the media: its effects on children, presentation for the Victorian Parenting Centre & Young Media Australia: Issues in Parenting Education , September 11, 2003.
• Myers, DG and Denson, T 2016 ‘Aggression: hurting others’, in T Griffin (ed), 101557: The individual in society , 3rd edn, McGraw-Hill Australia: North Ryde, pp. 251–262.
• Nauert, R 2012, ‘Negative effects of violent video games may build over time’, Psych Central. Retrieved on 4 June 2014, from http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/12/11/negative-effects-of-violent-videogames-may-build-over-time/48918.html.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]