Research Paper Draft 1
1. Cover page and APA formatting:
You should include an APA-style cover page for your Draft 1. See the example on page 16 of The CSU APA Guide
(6th edition). Your cover page should include the following: the title of your paper, your name, and the name of your
university (Columbia Southern University). The running head should include up to 50 characters from the title of the
paper, along with a sequential page number in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Review of literature:
Below are techniques for writing a review of literature.
• Consider the topics that your sources cover. Then make a list of those topics. Cluster the topics together,
and decide which sources speak to the same concerns.
• Decide which sources speak to the same issues, and decide which material from those sources that you
• When sources discuss the same topic but do not agree, you should still include them in the same
paragraph if you would like. There is nothing that says that two sources that disagree cannot be presented
in the same paragraph.
• Remember to transition between ideas, sources, and paragraphs. Check out the list of transitional
expressions on pp. 44-45 of The Little, Brown Compact Handbook with Exercises.
• Remember to include concise summaries of the material.
Avoid the following in a review of literature.
• Do not comment on the sources. Your job here is to present the material only, not to give your take on
what is has to say.
• Do not include your argument. You do not want to argue in the review of literature because you are
reviewing the literature, not asserting your argument. You will be able to argue for your position later in the
• Do not just insert the summary paragraphs from your Annotated Bibliography. The review of literature is far
more than just a list of paragraphs summarizing sources.
• Do not forget to cite your sources in text and to include a references page.
NOTE: “Integrating Literary Resources,” a webinar created by the Success Center, may help you with your review
of literature. Click here to view the webinar.
Include a references list as the last page of the paper. See the example on pages 6, 7, and 21 of The CSU APA
Guide (6th edition). All entries are those that have been cited in the text. No others are to be included. No
textbooks should be included on the references list
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]