Compose a paper based on the following scenario.
Today is April 1, and you have received the following budget printout. Your charge nurses are requesting an additional RN on each shift since the acuity has increased dramatically over the last 2 years. Dr. Robb has requested two new continuous limb movement machines for the postoperative orthopedic patients on your unit at a cost of $3,000 each. In addition, you would like to attend a national orthopedics conference in August at a projected cost of $1,500. The registration fee is $350 and is due now.
|Annual Budget||Expended in March||Expended Year to Date*||Amount Remaining|
*Fiscal year begins July 1
Furthermore, many nurses are complaining of being dissatisfied. On your first day one of the night shift RNs put in her 2-week notice. In addition, the CEO has gotten word from several families that they are dissatisfied with the care their loved ones are receiving from the staff.
Analyze the situation. Using what you have learned in this course, devise a plan of action to present to the CEO. Be sure to use the theories and concepts presented in this course. Be creative. Feel free to use charts to support your ideas. You are expected to have at least 5 references. This paper should be very detailed and show a concrete plan of how you will run the nursing department.
Be sure to address, at minimum, the following in your paper:
1. How will you deal with the requests based on the budget printout?
2. What expenses can and should be deferred to the new fiscal year?
3. In what budgeting area were your previous projections most accurate? Most inaccurate?
4. What factors may have contributed to these inaccuracies? Were they controllable or predictable?
5. Complete a literature search on patient acuity classification systems. What is the best approach to resolve this issue?
6. What strategies of motivation, communication, care delivery, etc. need to be implemented in order to retain staff?
7. Why is it important for staff to be involved in improving consumer satisfaction?
8. What type of structure would be most effective to make a plan for improvement of consumer satisfaction? Consider who should participate, size, purpose, and so on.
The finished Assignment should be 6–8 pages in length, excluding the title page and references. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the KU Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)
Submit the Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your assignment, click the Dropbox tab and select this unit’s basket from the dropdown menu, then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the assignment you submit.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]