Guide lines to be strictly Followed1. Font to be Used Times New Roman & Font Size 12
2. Assignment Should Not contain any contents, including references cited from www.ukessays.com, www.studymode.com www.slideshare.net www.scribd.com cannot use contents from other student papers,
3. Turnitin report , individual source match in the overview should be 3% or below.
4. Harvard style referencing and citations should be strictly followed
5. Make use of images, animation, graphs, tables, illustration, maps that makes the report interesting. This is applicable for both Task 1 & Task 2 of the assignment.
Assignment Brief Operations ManagementAssignment Task 1: [70 Marks] Project FormatRead the following Scenario, and prepare a report with the guidelines provided.Scenario: This assignment requires the student to go through the given video case on Boeing 787 Dreamliner and how Boeing had lost the competition to Airbus A380, due to manufacturing defect in the operations of 787 Dreamliner. Understand Boeings method of operations, student has to analyse and provide their inputs on how well they will be served when they continue with the same operations as being done now or pursue a new method of operations management based upon analysis and understanding which could help it compete better with Airbus Industries.
Student need to apply key concepts of operation management to their experience and discuss the associated implications. Student can go through the following links to give them an insight on the operational issues involved with Boeing 787 Dreamliner, in terms of the problems it is facing, and how the Airbus 380 is giving Boeing a tough competition.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqIzcuNpXP0 https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2013/01/21/what-went-wrong-at-boeing/#3c2216447b1b https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcbabej/2014/12/11/airbus-a380-vs-boeing-787-revisited/#2af0036f4165 The report should include the following:
1. Executive Summary ( 8 Marks)
2. Introduction to the Chosen Organizations ( 6 Marks )
3. Explain the aspects of Operations Management that both Boeing and Airbus have, how they differ and which aspect of their OM practices contribute to the failure of Boeing 787 dreamliner. (10 Marks)
5. Develop an operations strategy that could solve the problems of Boeing in this 787 dreamliner project. (10 Marks)
6. Understand and evaluate the current supply chain management practices and suggest any improvement if needed. (6 Marks)
7. Project management that has to be designed to ensure Boeing completes the defects on time with the help of a PERT / CPM diagram and a GANTT Chart. (8 Marks)
8. Critical analysis of the tools that Boeing and Airbus make use of. (6 Marks)
9. The role of IT in the case of both Boeing and Airbus. (5 Marks)
10. Conclusions and recommendations. (5 Marks)
Assignment Task – 2: [30 Marks] Project Management using Program evaluation and Review technique (PERT) and Critical path method (CPM)Based on the project scenario given below, answer the following questionsScenario: Your organisation, ABC construction group has made a winning bid to construct a new manufacturing plant. The client expects the plant to be functional within a year. You are assigned as the Project Manager to ensure that the whole project stays on schedule. The two important conditions as per the client contract are:-
ABC construction group will incur a penalty if the work is not completed by the deadline of 47 weeks from now.
ABC construction group will be provided additional incentive if the work is completed within 40 weeks.
The table below describes the activity list for ABC construction group for this project:-Activity Immediate predecessors Estimated duration
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]