Portfolio Project: A Relocation Project
You currently work at Brookhaven National Laboratory in Upton, NY and you have been promoted to an overseas post in Taipei, Taiwan.
This promotion requires you (and family) to move to Taiwan in 6?months’ time.
Part 1 – Project Scheduling
1. Explain and describe (in writing) the number of tasks/activities you have outlined and the order in which you have placed the tasks/activities for project completion.
• Using MS Excel, create a Gantt chart by entering the project dates and events into a table
• Next create a bar chart depicting the events based on the Gantt chart that you created.
• For assistance on creating a Gantt chart in excel visit the MS office help files online and search:
“Creating a Gant chart in Excel.” You may also visit:
Part 2 – Monitor, Organize, Analyze
1. Develop an estimation chart showing each activity, the preceding activity required, and associated costs, with a 3 month, 4.5 month, and 6 month scenario.
2. Compare the costs of crashing the project from a 6?month time line into a 4.5?month timeline and then:
a. Explain and defend (in writing) the pros/cons of crashing the project schedule.
b. What is the impact on personnel and resources to crashing the project?
c. What are the associated risks of crashing the project and how will you manage the risks?
Part 3 – Project Control and Closeout
1. Explain and defend the processes and procedures you suggest for closing the project. Include the handoffs, benefits, and lag required to begin operation at your new location.
2. Your assessment should be well structured. Make good use of bulleted lists, numbered lists, and tables to further provide structure and clearly communicate information.
Papers are will be 5 to 7 pages.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]