Unit 1 Ethics and Criminal Justice
Part 1 (4 Pages) separate from part 2
In a 4-page paper, describe a personal experience in which you or someone you know had to make a moral decision—for example, cheating on an exam, stealing out of necessity, or being forced to give up a personal freedom. Include the following in your paper:
- How did you approach the situation? What steps or actions would or should you take? What are some of the positive and negative consequences for the action that you take? Based on your answer, what ethical theory best describes your approach?
- Define and critique the differences between the concepts of morality and ethics.
- Are there similarities between the two concepts?
- Describe moral principles (beneficence, least harm, respect for autonomy, and justice).
- Incorporate normative ethics, metaethics, and applied ethics, and discuss one or more the following modern ethical theories: consequentialism, deontology, and virtue theories, taken from utilitarianism, Kantianism, and Aristotelianism.
- Relate free will and reason theories to the moral or ethical dilemma.
Please note that you are required to support your views by citing your sources in all assignments. Even if the question asks for your opinion, you are still expected to support your opinion with references to published works and other materials. APA Format is necessary for your assignments when citing references
Part 2 (1 page) separate from part 1
As a criminal justice professional, how would you act if you are confronted by your supervisor and asked to do something that was morally against your principles?
In your Discussion Board post, give an example of a situation in the criminal justice field in which a moral or ethical dilemma could be presented to you. For this example, discuss the following:
- How you would approach the situation?
- What steps or actions would you or should you take?
- What are potential positive and negative consequences for various actions taken or not taken?
- What ethical principles (from consequentialism, deontology, and virtue theories, for example) would come into play in this situation?
Please note that you are required to support your views by citing your sources in all assignments. Even if the question asks for your opinion, you are still expected to support your opinion with references to published works and other materials. APA Format is necessary for your assignments when citing references.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]