1) What does James mean by a "genuine option" and the terms used in its definition: "forced option" "live option" and "momentous option"?
2) What does James mean by the terms "passional nature" "volitional nature" and "the intellect"?
3) What is an example given by James where you could not just choose what it is that you believe?
4) What is Clifford’s theory about when it is proper to allow yourself to have a belief? How does this related to the practice of science?
5) What are examples such as politics or other examples discussed in class where reasoning alone cannot be used in deciding what you believe?
6) Provide an exact quote of the thesis in Section IV and explain what it means. What part of that statement provides the claim that Clifford has and James objects to?
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]