Solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and 3 references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines.
Here is The scenario:
You are called to a local residence for a person who has passed out. Upon arrival you find an elderly man sitting on the edge of the bathtub. He tells you he walked into the bathroom, sat on the toilet, and then woke up on the floor. His wife heard a thump and called 9-1-1. The patient states he was unconscious about 5 minutes.
1. What is syncope?
2. Identify potential causes of syncope?
3. Why are the elderly at an increased risk for having syncopal episodes?
– Level of consciousness -Responsive
– Chief complaint – Passing out
– Airway Open
– Breathing – 16 breaths/min
– Symmetrical rise and fall of the chest
– Circulation Radial pulses equal and weak at 60 beats/min
– Cool, pale, and diaphoretic
– No major bleeding
– Oxygen via nonrebreathing mask at 15 L/min
– VS: Blood pressure90/56 mm Hg, Pulse60 beats/min, Respirations16 breaths/min, SaO294% on room air, Blood glucose71 mg/dL
S Passed out while trying to have a bowel movement
MAspirin; Toprol XL; hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ)
PKidney troubles; hypertension
L7 hours ago
E Having a bowel movement. The patient had recently been impacted and is trying to resolve problems with constipation.
OTrying to have a bowel movement
TApproximately 12 minutes total
4. What are your treatment priorities at this point?
5. What potential causes of syncope should you focus on?
In summary: You need to answer the five questions based on the given scenario. Do not forget to use 3 references.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Your answers must be based on the paramedic level because I am a paramedic. I will not except the work if the answers are not from the paramedic level.
AGAIN: I am a paramedic. Just use information and management from the paramedic level.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]